荟萃馆

位置:首页 > 英语 > 英语口语

英语口语经典英剧对话:《唐顿庄园》

这是著名英剧《唐顿庄园》第四季第30期中关于老爷的'心事的剧中对话, 希望对大家练习口语有所帮助,更多消息请关注应届毕业生网。

英语口语经典英剧对话:《唐顿庄园》

I don't understand you.

我不明白

Of course,you must give it to her.

这当然要给她

But what if it has no legal status?

但如果这不合法呢

I don't want to build her hopes up only to have them dashed.

我不想给她希望又让她失望

Robert, Matthew intended Mary to be his sole heiress.

罗伯特 马修想让玛丽作他唯一的继承人

That will mean a great deal to her whether or not it's legal.

这对她来说已经够了 管他合不合法

Can't you see that?

你怎么就不明白

But is it right to exclude George?

但继承人里怎能没有乔治

Well, right or not,it is what he wanted.

别管对不对 这是他的意愿

Besides, it's not up to you.

而且 这由不得你

I'll send it to Murray.

我会寄给莫里看看

Well, Mary must read it before you send it anywhere.

你寄走之前必须给玛丽看

Or are you trying to hide from the truth?

或许你是在逃避现实

What truth?

什么现实

That you would prefer to be in sole charge of the estate

你更希望能一人执掌庄园

and not share the crown with Mary.

而不是和玛丽共有

Don't be silly. This won't make any difference to all that.

您真是说傻话 这跟那个毫无关系

She won't want to get involved.

她肯定也不想参与

When you talk like that,

你用这种口气说话

I'm tempted to ring for Nanny

我就想按铃叫保姆

and have you putto bed with no supper.

不许你吃晚饭就去睡觉