荟萃馆

位置:首页 > 英语 > 英语听力

英语听力原文《博采世界精华》

英语听力的提高主要是依靠我们平时的练习,下面,为大家送上一篇英语听力原文,希望对大家有帮助。

英语听力原文《博采世界精华》

I believe the United States has and hopefully will continue to have some of the great thinkers interms of entrepreneurship.

美国一直就不乏具有创业精神的伟大思想家相信将来还会不断出现

We are a nation of open-mindedness.

我们是一个思想开放的国家

I think we love new things.

我觉得我们喜爱新鲜事

I think we love to try new things.

我们喜欢尝试新鲜事物

We've sacrificed our blood and treasure for just about every great thing in America

美国的每一次巨大变革 我们都为之牺牲过生命和财富

whether it's been on an overseas battlefield

不管是在海外战场

or something as seemingly mundane as the Hoover Dam.

还是像胡佛水坝这样看似平凡的事情

Over the centuries there has been a lot of adversity,

过去的几个世纪里 艰难险阻不断

and we have usually triumphed.

我们总能凯旋而归

We're a country that is always prepared to fight back.

我们是一个随时准备迎难而上的国家

It's just part of the American character.

这就是美国精神的一部分

This country reacts very well under pressure.

这个国家越是承受压力 越是表现出色

It goes through these pressurized times

她经历过那些重压下的.日子

and then comes out stronger than before.

并且变得比从前更强大

So I suppose you could say the most defining characteristic is our dynamism,

你可以说我们最突出的特点是我们的活力

and equally important we are an optimistic people.

我们还是个乐观的民族 这一点同等重要

We are a people who believe the future is our friend.

我们是一群相信未来的人

Everybody was created equal.

人人生而平等

It's in the Declaration of Independence.

这是《独立宣言》里说的

All men are created equal.

所有人都是生而平等的

That really gives voice to the whole American experience.

美国的整个历史正说明了这点

We still have racial difficulties,

我们仍然有种族问题

we still have disadvantaged people,

仍然有贫困人口

but the unique thing about America and its diversity and its people,

但美国的多样性及其人民的独特之处就在于

is that we are always moving forward.

我们总是在不断前进

And we're always dealing with problems,not ignoring them.

我们总是在解决问题而不是忽视问题

Questioning your country and constantly going back and examining the beauty of it and theflaws,

质疑你的国家并不时地回顾她的美好与不足

I think that makes a patriotic American.

我觉得这才是一个爱国的美国人

That's real American character in my mind.

在我看来 这才是真正的美国精神

I mean, the frontiers that we've conquered is kind of amazing.

我们所征服的疆域可以称得上令人瞠目

In a relatively short period of time

在一段相对较短的时间

America's helped to transform the world.

美国在帮助世界变革

From few fragile footholds, in just 400 years

短短400年间 美国从几个脆弱的小据点

America has grown into the most powerful nation on earth.

已经成长为全世界最强大的国家

Born from the enterprising experiment,and piety of the first settlers,

脱胎于伟大的尝试和第一批移民的虔诚

forged by revolutionary passion and high ideals,

成型于革命的激情与远大的理想

driven by a thirst for innovation and technological change,

在渴求创新和科技进步的驱使下

a nation drawn from across the world.

整个国家博采世界精华