荟萃馆

位置:首页 > 英语 > 英语单词

英语热词:双十一光棍节

在过去的外媒报道中,我们惊讶地发现,为了能更加形象、夺人眼球地描述中国特有的现象,外媒的记者们在报道中掺杂“中式英语”,甚至在报道一些中国新闻时,创造了中国专属的英文词汇。

英语热词:双十一光棍节

比如,即将到来的单身狗节,外媒在报道这个中国人独有的节日时,特意创造了个新的说法:Chinese singles day.

Singles Day in China is the celebration -- or mourning -- of being unattached. Started by students in Nanjing in the mid-1990s, the date was selected in observation of its four solitary digits: 11/11.

中国“光棍节”,一个庆祝(或哀嚎)没人相伴的节日。光棍节起源于90年代中期,由南京的几位大学生创立,节日定在每年的11月11日,因为这四个光秃秃的数字,看上去像极了“光棍”。

While relatively obscure in most other countries, Singles Day is likely to increase in prominence as more single men in China are unable to find female partners. According to a recent study by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, more than 24 million Chinese men could find themselves without spouses by 2020.

虽然光棍节在其他国家的文化中看来有些难以理解,但在中国,光棍节的影响力越来越大,在中国有越来越多的单身男性找不到女朋友。据中国社会科学院最近的一项调查显示,到2020年全中国将有2400万男性找不到配偶。

Celebrating Singles Day comes in many forms across the Asian nation, and like Christmas and Valentine's Day, it has become a multi-million dollar industry.

中国各地均有不同形式来庆祝光棍节的仪式。就和圣诞节、情人节一样,光棍节已经成了一门能创造几百万收益的.产业。

 拓展阅读:虐哭单身狗的经典语句

1. How are you still single? You're so great.

你怎么还单着?你这么优秀。

2. It'll happen when you least expect it.

爱情将会发生在你最不经意的时候。

3. Don't you ever get lonely?

你从没有感到过孤单吗?

4. Aren't you worried you won't be able to have kids?

你没担心过你可能不会有孩子吗?

5. Are you seeing anyone?

你现在有交往的对象吗?

6. You should try online dating. My friend met their husband/wife that way.

你该试试网恋。我有一个朋友就是那么遇到自己的丈夫/妻子的。

7. They don't deserve you.

他们配不上你。

8. You are such a catch.

你条件这么好!

9. Don't worry, you'll find someone someday.

不要担心,你总有一天会找到对的那个人的。

10. He's just not ready for a serious commitment yet.

他只是还没准备好对你做出认真承诺而已。

11. One day when you're married, you'll wish you were single.

等有一天结婚了,你会希望你还是单身的。

12. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

天涯何处无芳草。

13. You're just too picky.

你只是太挑剔了!

14. Just don't turn into some crazy cat lady.

千万不要变成一个爱猫狂啊,大姐。

15. She probably just lost your number.

她可能只是把你的号码弄丢了。

16. At a wedding: "You better get out there, they're doing the bouquet toss."

在婚礼上:“你最好离开这儿,他们要抛捧花了。”

17. You're just too busy right now.

你现在只是太忙了。

18. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

你必须首先爱自己,再去爱别人。

19. In reference to your best friend: "Have you guys ever thought of dating?"

“你们没想过在一起约会吗?”(指你与你的好朋友)

20. I can't wait to meet your future spouse, they are going to be amazing.

我等不及想见你未来的另一半了,他们一定很不错。

21. We'll all be laughing about this someday.

以后我们想到这个都会笑死的。

22. You should let me set you up, I know the perfect person for you.

你应该让我帮你撮合,我知道哪样的人最适合你。

23. Don't give up, it'll happen.

不要放弃,爱情总会出现的。

24. "You don't need anyone." DAMN RIGHT!

“你不需要任何人!” 这话太对了!