荟萃馆

位置:首页 > 范本 > 文学

泰戈尔英文诗词《飞鸟集》

文学2.84W

飞鸟集 之九

泰戈尔英文诗词《飞鸟集》

泰戈尔

神的巨大的威权是在柔和的微风里,而不在狂风暴雨之中。

God’s great power is in the gentle breeze, not in the storm.

在梦中,一切事都散漫着,都压着我,但这不过是一个梦呀。但我醒来时,我便将觉得这些事都已聚集在你那里,我也便将自由了。

This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress. I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.

落日问道:“有谁继续我的职务呢?”

瓦灯说道:“我要尽我所能地做去,我的主人。”

Who is there to take up my duties? asked the setting sun.

I shall do what I can, my Master, said the earthen lamp.

采着花瓣时,得不到花的.美丽。

By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

沉默蕴蓄着语声,正如鸟巢拥围着睡鸟。

Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.

大的不怕与小的同游。

居中的却远而避之。

The Great walks with the Small without fear.

The Middling keeps aloof.

夜秘密地把花开放了,却让白日去领受谢词。

The night opens the flowers in secret and allows the day to get thanks.

权势认为牺牲者的痛苦是忘恩负义。

Power takes as ingratitude the writhings of its victims.

当我们以我们的充实为乐时,那末,我们便能很快乐地跟我们的果实分手了。

When we rejoice in our fulness, then we can part with our fruits with joy.

雨点吻着大地,微语道:“我们是你的思家的孩子,母亲,现在从天上回到你这里来了。”

The raindrops kissed the earth and whispered, --- We are thy homesick children, mother, come back to thee from the heaven.